Chronic Pain & Fatigue Research Center
The Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary center where internationally-renowned clinicians and investigators conduct research on the mechanisms and most effective treatments of conditions that have chronic pain and fatigue as core symptoms.
We examine the role that the nervous system, brain and mind play in chronic pain and fatigue experience, and our goal is to continue this cutting-edge research and use its findings to:
- Expand, support and continue multidisciplinary research in chronic pain and fatigue conditions at the University of Michigan
- Improve the identification and diagnosis of chronic pain and fatigue
- Develop interventions and treatments for the symptomatic components of these illnesses
- Enhance the understanding of clinicians, researchers and patients in chronic pain and fatigue syndromes, including related illnesses that occur after exposure to stress and other life events
- Develop programs that enhance the quality of life for patients suffering from these illnesses